Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Quiet Saturday Night

Ok, so my loving hubby took the kids out to look at Christmas lights tonight. I wasn't feeling all that great earlier, so I stayed home with my dear son (the 2 yr. old). I can't remember the last time the house was so quiet. I long for these times to just sit and do nothing and yet it's quiet, too quiet. I know my husband is a very capable father but when they called me to tell me they had a great time and were on their way home, I was a little relieved that everything went ok. I do feel like I somewhat missed out on the festivities tonight but I know they need these adventures with their dad too. I'm often so caught up in the details that I have a hard time enjoying our little outings together. That's something their dad has absolutely to problem with and something I really need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment